Web and Software Developer
Here at Human Appeal, we have an exciting opportunity for a Web and Software Developer to join our communication French team and be based in Saint-Denis, France, with frequent trips to Cheadle, Greater Manchester, to work along with the IT team based in the UK headoffice (although the role will be under French management). You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
As Web and Software Developer, the successful candidate will play an integral role in supporting the development and maintenance of industry-leading websites and software applications for Human Appeal France Office. We are ideally looking to appoint somebody immediately to this role.
Benefits of joining us as our Web and Software Developer include:
• Corporate Mutual
• Reimbursement of transport at 50%
• Prayer facilities
• Opportunity to really make a difference!
Key duties and responsibilities of the Senior Web and Software Developer:
• Technical support, software development and systems and information architecture
• Mastery of Salesforce software required
• To successfully support the development and maintenance of industry-leading websites that are fit for purpose
• To successfully support the development and maintenance of software applications that are fit for purpose
• To successfully analyze business requirements and internal design as well as develop system requirements
• To develop structured clean reusable code
What we’re looking for in our Web and Software Developer:
• Degree in IT or computer sciences or equivalent
• Programming Certificate in ASP.NET or other development languages and frameworks
• At least 1 years’ experience in software development for CRM, financial or internal systems in ASP.NET Web forms and MVC
• A keen eye for detail on the front end and code quality on the back end
• A proven track record of delivering to a high standard
• Awareness of SEO and security best practices
• Experience in agile project methodologies
• Experience with payment systems
• Certified Scrum Master or familiarity with Agile
• Familiarity with advanced Google Analytics and AdWords tracking
• Knowledge of version control and DevOps
• Understanding of REST and SOAP APIs
• Experience with international / multilingual sites
• Fluent English and French is essential.
• Passionate and knowledge about the international development sector
Someone who will be happy to go frequently in the UK, few days a month to meet the UK team.
This would be an ideal role for a Web and Software Developer looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Web and Software Developer – we would love to hear from you.
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“At Human Appeal, each one of us has the opportunity to influence others. If you are prepared to challenge yourself there are no limits, so come and make it happen!”
Simon, Systems and Reporting Manager
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
“The reasons I have remained working within the charity sector, and specifically with Human Appeal, is the feeling of contentment. I feel that I am contributing towards a greater cause – I am part of a bigger picture – and I get to meet like-minded people”
Jahed, Business Analyst
To apply for the job, please send your application to : email@example.com